Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Importance of Holding

I now understand the importance of holding. No, I'm not talking about two lovers caressing each other tightly in front of a fireplace (although that is also certainly important, fireplace or not). I'm talking about being put on hold when doing business over the phone. I recently took my automobile in to be serviced at my local garage. After they had it for a day, I called to get the prognosis and see just how much this was going to cost me. I was transferred over to the mechanic working on my car, and by transferred; I mean that the first person I reached yelled at the top of her lungs for a second person to pick up line 2. It was endearing, in a way, but not terribly professional. After reaching the mechanic, I was told to wait for a moment while he checked on the s View the rest of this article


No comments: