Thursday, December 27, 2007

Remember Long Lists

I want to explain a technique that is used to remember long lists. It is especially useful if you have to remember the list in a particular order.
Let's say that you are going shopping and need to remember 5 items. This can be used with 50 items as well.
The items are:
Pasta
Oranges
Detergent
Bread
Butter
You will take the items you need to remember and add them to a place you know.
Here is what I would do:
I would take an area of my house. Let's say, my laundry room. I already know what is in there so I don't need to remember anything about the room. I would then combine each item in my mind with a part of my laundry room.
I would picture pasta growing on the door to the room. Then in my mind I open the door to find the Dr View the rest of this article


No comments: