Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lose Weight Living like a Thai – A Western perspective on a low fat Eastern lifestyle

It’s off to Thailand. I was a recent college grad seeking to experience a new culture and improve my martial arts skills. After some careful planning I selected the land of smiles for my first international adventure.
I obviously got a dose of culture shock jumping into a culture radically different from my hometown in Littleton, Colorado. The city of Bangkok was humming with traffic non-stop. The tropical climate offered a hot and humid atmosphere. And I discovered the cheapest place is the world to get a foot massage.
Although I enjoyed experience a new culture I quickly felt the withdrawals from some my western amenities, namely easy access to a weight training facility. After some asking around and creative thinking (like using elastic bands or dumbbell View the rest of this article


No comments: