Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How We Became Who We Are

By Leslie Reynolds Benns
I love this quote attributed to Buddha: “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is every thing. What we think we become.”

If I were to say that you are what you think and that you have made yourself who you are, you might feel uncomfortable and want to quit reading or, if I were there with you, challenge me. I ask you to just hold the information being presented here as if it were simply a possibility until you complete the lesson, such as, "Oh, that might possibly be true." It is okay to disagree with some but not all of this information. Please just hang in here.

What does the combination of our beliefs, attitudes, and values mean? What does it represent? Think about these questions for View the rest of this article


No comments: