Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thickness of 18kt Plated White Gold

You ask how durable is an 18k gold plate. Wow, I do wish I could give you an answer in months or years or in any time frame. The fact is, without knowing how thick the plated surface actually might be there is little way to predict wearability. Even if I knew the thickness, the best I could say is, "It will wear better (or worse) than this or that other sort of plate or layer."

So much depends on how often the ring is worn and the conditions of that time when worn. I do believe you will take good care of the ring and that does make me happy. Too many folks will come into our business with a worn out ring, packed with dirt and stones dull from all of it...then proudly say, "I never take it off." What a mistake they make! Gentle and regular care and cleaning is View the rest of this article


No comments: