Monday, July 23, 2007

Are You Dealing with and Eating Disorder?

As a health writer I get many questions about many conditions but nothing has touched me more than all the questions about eating disorders. It didn't hit home for me until this last year a friend of my wife's admitted she had an eating disorder. We've known her since junior high but it wasn't until after she left college the problem developed. We kept in touch but I noticed she was always on the petite side of sizes as we would see her maybe once a year. It turns out she has what is known as "exercise bulimia". Basically she has always been praised for being thin and she counts calories. She knows exactly how much she needs to exercise in order to burn off the calories she consumes in order not to gain weight. During a recent stay with us she would exercise 2 hours View the rest of this article


No comments: